Happy St. Patrick’s Day


image

 
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!  While you are celebrating today, be sure to practice safety with your alcoholic beverages around your pets.  Here’s what the ASPCA has to say about the effects of alcohol in your pets.
 

“Alcoholic beverages and food products containing alcohol can cause vomiting, diarrhea, decreased coordination, central nervous system depression, difficulty breathing, tremors, abnormal blood acidity, coma and even death. Under no circumstances should your pet be given any alcohol. If you suspect that your pet has ingested alcohol, contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center immediately.”

 
Enjoy your day, and remember to hire a designated driver if you will be out and about! Your pet is counting on you to be home to give them dinner!

This entry was posted in Blog and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *